Apply to Making Architecture 2018


Click here to access the the Making Architecture application.


Application Materials

The following documents are required to complete your application: 

  1. A resume or CV that includes the following information: employment, education, extra-curricular collegiate and community activities, honors, awards, publications, hobbies, and/or travel.
  2. Unofficial transcripts from the college, university or other institution where you completed your highest degree.
  3. A copy of TOEFL or IELTS score report (for international applicants whose country's official language is not English) and official exam scores sent to the college directly from the testing agency. English proficiency exams must be completed prior to submitting the application. International applications will not be reviewed until proof of English proficiency has been received.

Applicants may be contacted to arrange an informal interview by phone or video chat.


Additional Requirements for International Applicants

If you are not a US citizen or legal permanent resident, you are considered an international student. International students who are accepted to the Making Architecture program must obtain an F-1 student visa to enter the United States.

Obtaining the F-1 Visa

CCA is only able to issue an I-20 that is valid for the dates between which a student is required to be in the United States to attend Making Architecture classes on a full time basis. Students will need to pay the SEVIS I-901 fee and obtain an F-1 visa.

Important visa and immigration implications exist for international students who enroll in the program

  • U.S. immigration regulations allow F-1 visa holders to enter the United States no more than 30 days before the program start date listed on the I-20.

  • F-1 students are also allowed a 60-day grace period to remain in the United States after the program end date listed on their I-20. During this time, a student may remain in the United States to travel around (within the United States) and to make preparations to depart. During the grace period students may not work or engage in full-time study.

  • At the conclusion of the 60-day grace period, the student must depart the United States. If a student departs the United States during the grace period, their F-1 status ends.

  • It is very important to pay attention to the regulations pertaining to length of stay in the United States. Staying in the United States for longer than you are allowed to is a violation of your F-1 status and could jeopardize future visa applications.

  • You may not attend the program with a tourist visa (B1/B2) or visa waiver (ESTA) because while participating in the program you will be studying full-time.